Desktop Support Officer
We have a fulfilling opportunity for a customer service-oriented Desktop Support Officer within our Corporate Services division for up to a 3-year contract term.
Reporting to the Director, ICT Management, this role is primarily responsible for providing level 3 or level 4 support for desktop and mobile device incident and service requests. This role also provides Service Desk support to our business customers and is pivotal to the division’s success.
Who we are looking for
At Renewal SA, we believe in creating the right environment for our people to thrive. This is because we want you to enjoy every day while you are with us. If values such as Respect, Excellence, Accountability and Unity appeal to you, then we could be the right organisation for you.
In this role, you will:
- provide technical helpdesk support to staff at the desktop level, including PCs, phones and printers.
- create and manage a desktop Standard Operating Environment.
- install and upgrade desktop hardware and software systems.
- create and maintain technical documentation and manuals such as work instructions, guides and templates.
- roll out, manage and configure desktop applications.
- manage anti-virus software and ensure virus definitions are up to date.
- perform post-resolution follow-ups to helpdesk requests and identify root causes.
- manage and maintain information and records in accordance with Renewal SA’s procedures.
- be part of various projects within the ICT department and be responsible for delegated deliverables, such as supporting the Director, ICT Management in scoping, initiating and delivering IT projects.
- work and collaborate with third parties and internal stakeholders to ensure projects reach their potential.
- record, track and document service desk request problem-solving processes, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution.
- liaise and communicate with Renewal SA staff, clients and stakeholders.
- support and work within Renewal SA’s policies and procedures, including managing and maintaining all appropriate information and records.
We are looking for someone who has:
- at least two years’ experience in a similar technical or desktop support role within the last five years.
- strong experience and understanding of PC imaging technology and systems, as well as Microsoft operating systems and productivity suites such as Windows 7, 8.1, 10 and Office 2010, 2013, O365.
- good understanding of iOS and Android devices, multi-function printers, scanning devices, and the function of an EDRMS system.
- demonstrated experience in customer-facing roles within complex and outsourced environments.
- demonstrated ability to build effective and collaborative working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to engage in a friendly, cooperative and constructive manner.
- high-level verbal and written skills.
- the ability to think and act quickly while under pressure.
- excellent time management and problem-solving skills with technical support troubleshooting abilities.
Renewal SA is dedicated to creating a better place for all South Australians by developing accessible, connected and vibrant places where people want to live, work, enjoy and invest.
We are delivering some of the state’s largest urban development projects such as the transformation of the former Royal Adelaide Hospital site to Lot Fourteen, a global innovation precinct; Bowden, an inner-city former industrial site that is fast becoming a highly sought-after residential precinct; the award-winning Tonsley Innovation District on the former Mitsubishi factory site; the revitalisation of Port Adelaide into a thriving maritime precinct; and the rejuvenation of the historic Adelaide Railway Station.
How to apply
Please submit your application to SEEK with the following attached:
- a cover letter (no more than two pages) outlining your experience relevant to the role
- a current résumé.
Applications close at 5.00 pm on Friday, 12 February 2021