Renewal SA social media accounts have been established by The Government of South Australia to provide businesses, the general public and the local community with updates on our project-related activities.
Acceptance of Terms
By following or posting to our social media account(s), you confirm that you have read this information and consent to your information being used as described on this web page.
Online Community Guidelines
Conversations, posts and comments should be respectful and constructive at all times.
We encourage you to have open and honest discussions whilst being respectful of our online community. We reserve the right to remove content and comments at our absolute discretion.
South Australia has strict guidelines and legislations regarding discrimination and intimidation. We will take a strong stance on moderating and deleting content which is irrelevant, discriminatory, hateful or threatening and actions which may offend, insult, humiliate or intimidate.
When contributing your views to Renewal SA’s social media account(s), please ensure that you follow the following guidelines.
Confidentiality and Privacy
- Do protect your personal privacy and that of others by not including personal information about yourself or others in your comments (such as names, email addresses, private addresses or phone numbers).
- Do represent your own views and do not impersonate or falsely represent any other person.
- Do not post material to the forum that infringes the intellectual property rights of others.
- Do post material to our social media pages or news feeds that is relevant to the topics and issues being discussed.
- Do not post identical or near-identical versions of the same content.
- Do not post content promoting personal and professional interests.
- Do not promote commercial interests in your posts.
- Do not post overtly party political comment (e.g. reference to candidates, fundraisers, support for political parties).
- Do not re-post other people’s appeals, requests or offers, or anything that could be considered spam.
Discrimination and Offensive Content
- Do not use obscene or offensive language.
- Do not use insulting, provocative or hateful language.
- Do not abuse, harass or threaten others.
- Do not make defamatory or libellous comments.
- Do not post anything which is likely to offend, insult or humiliate others, particularly on the basis of their race, colour, descent, national origin, religion, ethnicity, gender, age, sexual orientation or any disability.
- Do not post anything which vilifies others on the basis of their race or religion.
- Do not post anything which incites, induces or aids violence, discrimination, harassment, victimisation or hatred towards others.
- Do not incite or encourage conduct that may constitute a criminal or civil offence or otherwise violate Australian law.
- Be mindful when posting descriptions or personal stories that they are not gratuitously graphic, or could be deemed as deliberately upsetting for other users.
We encourage feedback and ideas from our followers, and will join the conversation where possible. While we read all comments and messages we receive via our social media account(s), we are not able to reply individually to all of them.
Any responses by the Government of South Australia are not legal advice. You should seek your own legal advice for your particular situation.
Renewal SA’s social media accounts are usually staffed from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm CST during normal South Australian business days. Posts, comments and messages received outside these hours will be reviewed on the following business day.
The material on Renewal SA’s social media accounts is presented for the purpose of providing information and encouraging public discussion.
Any views expressed on our social media account(s) by anyone other than Renewal SA are not the views of the project and the Government of South Australia disclaims all liability for any such views, comments, advertising or other non-Renewal SA content posted onto this site.
The Government of South Australia do not endorse or otherwise support any view and opinion posted by a user or contributor on our social media account(s). We reserve the right to remove content and comments at our absolute discretion.
The Government of South Australia do not control, endorse or otherwise support any advertising that may be displayed by the owner of this site.
The Government of South Australia review the content and posts on our social media accounts on a regular basis. However, there may be times when offensive comments that do not meet our moderation guidelines (refer above) appear on the site and are not immediately removed.
The information on this site is current at the time of publication.
When posting, commenting or interacting with our social media account(s), you may provide us with information about yourself or other matters. Some of this information may be used in an aggregate anonymous form to report on the level of engagement through our social media account(s) using the site owner’s reporting system.
We may reuse part of your posts or comments to our social media account(s) in material related to the creation, dissemination and promotion of Renewal SA or Government of South Australia projects. We will take every reasonable effort to de-identify your comments before using them in this manner.
With the exception of material posted on embedded third-party websites or shared via third-party social media accounts, the Government of South Australia owns or has rights to the intellectual property in the material that we post.
Subject to any specific licence terms that may apply or any restrictions placed on this material by a third-party owner, copyright material on our social media accounts may be reproduced, or made available online or electronically. Any reproduction of the copyright material must include an acknowledgement of the copyright owner (Renewal SA, the Government of South Australia or relevant third-party owner as the case may be).
Subject to any specific licence terms that may apply, copyright material on our social media account(s) must not be altered without the permission of the copyright owner (Renewal SA, the Government of South Australia or relevant third-party owner as the case may be).
When using content from our social media account(s) that is licensed under a Creative Commons Licence, you are required to attribute the work in the manner specified in the licence (but not in any way that suggests that the Government of South Australia endorses you or your use of the work).
For more information, please refer to our copyright statement.