Senior Business Partner, People and Culture
We have an exciting position for a Senior Business Partner within our People and Culture team to play a key role in our organisation by improving business performance through our people.
Offered on a contract of up to three years, this role reports and works closely with the Senior Director, People and Culture to deliver high quality, expert and fit-for-purpose HR advisory and consultancy services, including talent acquisition and talent management, to leaders and client groups in a proactive and collaborative manner.
The Senior Business Partner will also be responsible for the development and delivery of strategic change initiatives across all stages of the employment lifecycle to enable our organisation to become an inclusive and dynamic workplace that drives high levels of engagement, market leading capability and results-driven performance.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for someone who has:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as an effective business partner delivering strategic and operational People and Culture advisory services, and a clear understanding of how HR can add value to the business.
- Ability to manage, motivate and mentor team member while allowing them to use their initiative where they can grow, learn and support each other to achieve shared outcomes.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with outstanding written and verbal communication abilities.
- Highly developed influencing and negotiation skills, and an ability to build and maintain credibility and rapport with a range of different stakeholders
- Strong project and change management skills.
- Demonstrated experience in delivering high quality advice on complex HR/ER matters and interpreting relevant legislation, regulations, awards, policies and standards.
- Experience developing and implementing effective solutions to complex people and culture
- Ability to maintain a safe working environment by adopting appropriate hazard management practices.
You will possess the skills and knowledge to:
- Deliver expert HR/ER advice across Renewal SA to influence and support the achievement of strategic initiatives and objectives, and compliance of legislative and industrial requiremen
- Foster strong, collaborative relationships across the business to achieve organisational outcomes including workforce planning, talent and succession planning, and employee engagement initiatives.
- Manage employment lifecycle events around attraction, development, performance and retention.
- Support employees at all levels of the business in learning and development.
- Provide clear communications and care for employee wellbeing and performance.
- Assist to ensure that performance-related activities are initiated, planned and evaluated in collaboration with key business unit stakeholders as required.
- Work closely with the Senior Director, People and Culture and Senior Organisational Development Consultant to design, develop and manage strategic projects and events that demonstrate our commitment to continuously developing our people and our culture.
- Partner with the Senior Organisational Development Consultant to execute projects within set timeframes whilst contributing to enhancing an organisational culture that embraces learning initiatives.
- Provide expert advice and support to managers and employees in the resolution of Employee Relations matters.
Tertiary qualifications in Business or Human Resources Management, or demonstrated equivalent capabilities and experience, is desirable.
You will also have minimum 5 years of experience in effective business partnering.
Renewal SA is dedicated to creating a better place for all South Australians by developing accessible, connected and vibrant places where people want to live, work, enjoy and invest.
We are delivering some of the state’s largest urban development projects such as the transformation of the former Royal Adelaide Hospital site to Lot Fourteen, a global innovation precinct; Bowden, an inner-city former industrial site that is fast becoming a highly sought-after residential precinct; the award-winning Tonsley Innovation District on the former Mitsubishi factory site; the revitalisation of Port Adelaide into a thriving maritime precinct; and the rejuvenation of the historic Adelaide Railway Station.
How to apply
Please submit your application to SEEK with the following attached:
- a cover letter (no more than two pages) outlining your experience relevant to the role
- a current résumé.
Applications close at 5.00 pm on Friday, 16 October 2020