Project Management Accountant
We have an exciting opportunity for a Project Management Accountant within our Corporate Services division for a contract up to 14 months.
Reporting to the Finance Business Partner, this role is primarily responsible for undertaking the day-to-day financial management and accounting for assigned Renewal SA projects and activities. This includes working with the Finance Business Partner to provide effective accounting and financial management services, prepare and maintain operating and investing budgets and forecasts, and undertake and report on relevant and accurate analysis of financial performance.
Who we are looking for
At Renewal SA, we believe in creating the right environment for our people to thrive. This is because we want you to enjoy every day while you are with us. If values such as Respect, Excellence, Accountability and Unity appeal to you, then we could be the right organisation for you.
In this role, you will:
- provide effective and high-quality project and management accounting services to support project and leadership teams
- prepare and maintain operating and capital budgets that accurately reflect the activities of assigned projects and functions
- prepare and maintain accurate financial forecasts including sales, expenditure and cash flow forecasting
- maintain whole-of-life financial models for assigned projects to ensure their ongoing currency and accuracy
- undertake regular, relevant, accurate and effective analysis of financial performance
- contribute to regular reporting requirements that meet the needs of project and leadership teams
- provide relevant and accurate business insights and analysis that explain the financial results and performance against targets and trends
- establish, develop, maintain and report on key financial indicators, as well as identify, address and report on issues as required
- identify and address risks, control weaknesses and other performance matters
- operate and comply with internal controls, such as records management systems and processes, effectively and appropriately.
We are looking for someone who has:
- high competency in Microsoft Office Excel
- a spirit of service excellence, innovation and creativity to ensure timely and cost-effective outcomes for all finance-related activities.
- sound analytic and reporting skills
- effective and professional collaboration and communication skills.
Tertiary qualifications in accounting, finance, economics or a related discipline are mandatory.
Experience in the property or construction industry as well as professional qualifications in accounting (such as CPA/CA), or substantial completion of studies towards such qualifications, are desirable.
Renewal SA is dedicated to creating a better place for all South Australians by developing accessible, connected and vibrant places where people want to live, work, enjoy and invest.
We are delivering some of the state’s largest urban development projects such as the transformation of the former Royal Adelaide Hospital site to Lot Fourteen, a global innovation precinct; Bowden, an inner-city former industrial site that is fast becoming a highly sought-after residential precinct; the award-winning Tonsley Innovation District on the former Mitsubishi factory site; the revitalisation of Port Adelaide into a thriving maritime precinct; and the rejuvenation of the historic Adelaide Railway Station.
How to apply
Please submit your application to SEEK with the following attached:
- a cover letter (no more than two pages) outlining your experience relevant to the role
- a current résumé.
Applications close at 5.00 pm on Tuesday, 9 March 2021