Land and Property Officer
We have an exciting new career opportunity for a Land and Property Officer to join our Asset Management team.
Reporting to the Land Manager, this strategic role is primarily responsible for developing, monitoring and maintaining land transaction, program and financial reporting databases, systems and processes, and supporting management processes for statutory charges for Renewal SA landholdings.
The role is responsible for effectively contributing to the preparation of feasibility studies, research and reports on property market trends, valuations, land tenure and land division matters.
Who we are looking for
Everyone at Renewal SA has a role to play in delivering our organisational priorities. By mobilising our collective passion for South Australia and property, and by utilising our diverse skills sets, we will deliver nation-leading property and development outcomes for our State.
In this role you will have the opportunity to provide further support and assist with general land tenure, registrable and non-registrable interests, divisional land surveys and conveyancing matters for Renewal SA owned properties and other government landholdings.
Some of the key focus areas of this role will include:
- Manage, maintain and review the Land Asset and Land Division Registers and process all land acquisitions, disposals and land divisions.
- Liaise with surveyors, conveyancers, solicitors and Land Services SA relating to the progress of Renewal SA property settlements and land divisions to ensure updating of Renewal SA’s landholdings.
- Support and assist general land tenure, registrable and non-registrable interests, divisional land surveys and conveyancing matters, and provide expert advice to internal and external enquiries.
- Coordinate legal, surveying and LTO activities and monitor land divisions and transfers of land for internal and external clients.
- Provide general support to the Asset Management Team in dealing with property management and leasing matters.
- Provide support to project teams by reviewing and verifying details of property transactions for execution by Renewal SA delegate.
- Support and advise Renewal SA and other Government infrastructure and land division projects on liability for statutory rates and charges and assist with land tenure transactions and related matters.
- Undertake research, and prepare necessary documentation, including feasibility studies and project reports, in accordance with organisational requirements.
Your demonstrated knowledge of the real estate industry and significant experience in business support will make you an ideal candidate for this role. You will also have proven experience in project management processes and practices. Your skills will ideally be supported by a Bachelor of Business (Property) or tertiary qualifications in Conveyancing.
Renewal SA exists to improve the lives of South Australians now and into the future by leading, supporting and driving investment and growth through property and projects. Our desire is for South Australia to have a strong economy and be a great place to live; and we believe property and development projects are key contributors to ensuring this is a reality.
We are delivering some of the state’s largest urban development projects such as the transformation of the former Royal Adelaide Hospital site to Lot Fourteen, a global innovation precinct; Bowden, an inner-city former industrial site that is fast becoming a highly sought-after residential and entertainment precinct; the award-winning Tonsley Innovation District of a former car factory site; the revitalisation of Port Adelaide into a thriving maritime precinct; and the rejuvenation of the historic Adelaide Railway Station.
How to apply
Please submit your application to SEEK with the following attached:
- a cover letter (no more than two pages) outlining your experience relevant to the role
- a current résumé
Applications close at 9.00 am on Tuesday, 19 October 2021.
Please email any queries to RenewalSA.PeopleCulture@sa.gov.au in the first instance, or contact Renewal SA’s People and Culture team on 08 8207 1456.