Facilities Manager, Adelaide Railway Station
We are seeking a Facilities Manager, Adelaide Railway Station to be responsible for managing the operational services, plans, programs and safety, health and environment responsibilities for the Adelaide Railway Station and other assigned assets. This includes overseeing external service providers to ensure that agreed KPIs and asset performance milestones are met. This full-time role is offered on a contract up to three years.
The Facilities Manager will also be responsible for managing and improving the station in regards to development works being undertaken by the Riverbank Project team and other adjoining developers, and working closely with the Senior Asset Manager to ensure a first-class asset is in place at the completion of the development cycle. Whilst the initial focus of this role is the station, other assets will be assigned as required to meet the organisational needs of our Asset Management team.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for someone who has:
- Ensured that all statutory compliance systems and occupational health and safety requirements are fulfilled including public safety and security.
- Knowledge in controlling repair requests in a methodical manner, prioritising tasks regarding to lease obligations, public safety and risk of building service shutdown.
- Developed and managed budgets for capital works and maintenance projects.
- Established solid working relationships with key stakeholders, including but not limited to the Riverbank Project team, tenants, Adelaide Station and Environs Rejuvenation (ASER) Facilities Managers, service providers, representatives of the Department for Infrastructure and Transport and the Rail Operations team.
- Reviewed and developed systems associated with regular maintenance tasks that ensure minimal interruption to the daily operations within the station and the adjoining ASER precinct.
Your experience and knowledge will include:
- Building and facilities management experience including building maintenance, services, upgrades and tenant management.
- Contract management knowledge, including successful strategies for service provider negotiations and technical and professional service coordination.
- Demonstrated ability to work under broad direction, and exercise a significant level of responsibility, decision making, judgement and delegated authority to resolve complex and sensitive issues.
- Proven project management experience for capital works.
- High level interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills liaise with a diverse range of stakeholders and demonstrated experience writing reports.
Relevant tertiary or trade qualifications are highly desirable.
Renewal SA is dedicated to creating a better place for all South Australians by developing accessible, connected and vibrant places where people want to live, work, enjoy and invest.
We are delivering some of the state’s largest urban development projects such as the transformation of the former Royal Adelaide Hospital site to Lot Fourteen, a global innovation precinct; Bowden, an inner-city former industrial site that is fast becoming a highly sought-after residential precinct; the award-winning Tonsley Innovation District on the former Mitsubishi factory site; the revitalisation of Port Adelaide into a thriving maritime precinct; and the rejuvenation of the historic Adelaide Railway Station.
How to apply
Please submit your application to SEEK with the following attached:
- a cover letter (no more than two pages) outlining your experience relevant to the role
- a current résumé.
Applications close at 5.00 pm on Friday, 16 October 2020