Renewal SA has a fulfilling career opportunity for an Executive Officer within our Office of the Chief Executive team.
Offered on a contract for up to three years, the role reports to and works closely with the Director, Office of the Chief Executive, and is responsible for providing a high quality confidential, professional and efficient executive support service to the Executive team in a business partnering capacity. This requires managing timelines, meeting deadlines, anticipating requirements and providing executive support across diary coordination, screening of telephone calls, and in general, creating efficiency and ease for the Executive team.
The position also acts as a liaison between the Chief Executive’s office, departmental management and staff to ensure that relevant information is transferred in a timely and accurate way and that all parties are informed of relevant decisions and communications.
Who we are looking for
At Renewal SA, we believe in creating the right environment for our people to thrive. This is because we want you to enjoy every day while you are with us. If values such as Respect, Excellence, Accountability and Unity appeal to you, then we could be the right organisation for you.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Excellent communication skills and a genuine drive and passion to work as part of a cohesive professional team.
- Demonstrated sound experience in all relevant aspects of administrative, secretarial and executive support including minute-taking.
- The ability to maintain up-to-date knowledge and skills in using a wide range of computer applications, including Microsoft Office suite.
- Experience using and maintaining records and information management systems.
- Proven experience in an executive administration role supporting senior management.
- Knowledge and understanding of state government legislative processes is highly desirable.
- The capability to draft correspondence including memos and minutes.
You will possess the skills and knowledge to:
- Provide a confidential, professional and discrete executive administration support service to the Executive team.
- Ensure an efficient and confidential diary management service is delivered to the Executive team including liaison with internal and external stakeholders.
- Action resolutions and correspondence on behalf of the Executive team, including monitoring, prioritising and responding to emails and providing authorised recommendations and approvals.
- Support financial management in the executive team through reconciliations and other minor budgetary activities in a timely, accurate manner and in accordance with relevant guidelines.
- Provide timely and accurate information and advice to the Executive and divisional teams in relation to administrative, project, governance and business processes.
- Coordinate responses to high-level correspondence, including ministerials, parliamentary briefing notes and parliamentary questions.
- Effectively support the Executive team in planning and coordinating meetings, including preparing and disseminating agendas, minutes and associated meeting papers, organising facilities and equipment, and ensure assigned action items are addressed as required.
Qualifications in administration, business management or business support are highly desirable, but not essential.
Renewal SA is dedicated to creating a better place for all South Australians by developing accessible, connected and vibrant places where people want to live, work, enjoy and invest.
We are delivering some of the state’s largest urban development projects such as the transformation of the former Royal Adelaide Hospital site to Lot Fourteen, a global innovation precinct; Bowden, an inner-city former industrial site that is fast becoming a highly sought-after residential precinct; the award-winning Tonsley Innovation District on the former Mitsubishi factory site; the revitalisation of Port Adelaide into a thriving maritime precinct; and the rejuvenation of the historic Adelaide Railway Station.
How to apply
Please submit your application to SEEK with the following attached:
- a cover letter (no more than two pages) outlining your experience relevant to the role
- a current résumé.
Applications close at 5.00 pm on Monday, 23 November 2020