Uncover the importance of STEM for future careers at Tonsley
STEM Works at Tonsley is an industry-focused educational tour introducing students and teachers to the future of STEM careers.
Why bring your students on a STEM Works at Tonsley tour?
Have you ever heard your students ask, “Will we ever need this in real life?”
A tour of Tonsley Innovation District will provide the answer.
This immersive experience will change the way your students see their futures. Bring your students to see what they are working towards and why STEM is the way to get there.
For your students, Tonsley Innovation District is a living lesson in the importance of STEM for future careers.
What is included in the tours?
- An exploration of the impressive line-up of high-tech businesses that call Tonsley home, including the chance to get up close and personal with three different businesses during the tour
- An opportunity to go behind the scenes of one high-tech business to explore in greater depth
- Touring the award-winning five-hectare Main Assembly Building (the MAB) and discovering the sustainability and design thinking behind its abundant natural sunlight, ventilation and green urban forests
- How industry, research and government work together to strengthen Australia’s place in the 4th industrial revolution
- The history and development of Australia’s first and most awarded innovation district and what that actually means.
Who can come?
The tours are aimed at Year 7 to Year 12 students with 20 students per tour plus accompanying staff.
How long does a tour take?
Each tour runs for:
- 2 hours for Year 7–9 students
- 2.5 hours for Year 10–12 students
When are the tours?
There are two tours running daily from Mondays to Fridays:
- Morning session: 9.30 am
- Afternoon session: 12.30 pm
- Term 3: 16–20 August 2021
- Term 4: 8–12 November 2021
What’s the cost?
Free—you just need to organise transportation.
Renewal SA and Tonsley Innovation District are funding this initiative to provide students the opportunity to explore and discover the STEM careers of the future.
Book your preferred session through Eventbrite.