The awards and exhibition
The Australian Institute of Architects Awards program, held annually, is an opportunity for public and peer recognition for the work of architects. The South Australian Awards program opened on 10 March 2016 with an exhibition opening event at the Office for Design and Architecture SA building at 28 Leigh Street, Adelaide. With over seventy entrants, the exhibition showcases and promotes local architectural excellence. The exhibition is open until 1 April.
Renewal SA precincts showcasing the state’s best architecture
We are proud to support the following entries in the awards across several categories:
- Public Architecture; Stretton Centre by HASSELL
- Public Architecture; Adelaide Convention Centre Redevelopment Stage 1 by Woods Bagot
- Urban Design; Riverbank Bridge by Aurecon, Tonkin Zulaikha Greer and Taylor Cullity Lethlean
- Educational Architecture; Flinders at Tonsley by HASSELL
- Commercial Architecture; South Australia Drill Core Reference Library by Thomson Rossi
- Urban Design; Tonsley by Oxigen
- Heritage; Tonsley Main Assembly Building and Pods by Woods Bagot and Tridente Architects
- Small Project Architecture; Port Adelaide Ticket Pods by Tridente Architects
- Residential Architecture – Multiple Housing; Gibson & 7th by Williams Burton Leopardi
Judging commences on Sunday 19 March with presentations from each of the entrants. Members of the public can observe the process from 9.00 am to 6.00 pm. Read the full conditions and information on this event on the Australian Institute of Architects website.