Got the goods for a career in warehousing?
Who we are looking for
We’re looking for motivated and committed people who want to start a career working in the warehousing and logistics industry to take part in a three-week Drakes Warehousing Pre-employment program. Employment opportunities are available with Omni Recruit for Drakes Distribution Centre.
Warehouse pick-packers work in a fast-paced environment performing repetitive, heavy lifting while maintaining the highest safety practices.
Participants need to:
- be physically fit and able to perform repetitive lifting of up to 25kg
- have a driver’s licence and reliable transport
- be able to use a computer
- be able to work a full-time roster from Mondays to Fridays
- be able to pass a pre-employment medical and drug and alcohol screening.
Women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
What you can achieve
This three-week program will provide the skills to work in a distribution centre as a warehouse pick-packer including:
- industry-specific training
- deliver and monitor service to customers
- work effectively in a team
- follow work health and safety procedures
- additional ‘job ready’ training
- digital literacy
- résumé and interview skills.
Employment opportunities are available to suitable program graduates working with Omni Recruit for Drakes Distribution Centre.
What you need to do
Participants will only be selected for the program after attending the Information and Selection Session.
Register to attend the information session
Email your name and contact number to Omni Recruit by Friday 5 March 2021 to register your interest for the Information Session.
Omni Recruit will contact you to confirm your attendance at the Information Session.
When and where
Wednesday 10 March 2021
9.30 am to 12.00 pm
Playford Uniting Church
corner of Curtis Road and Douglas Drive, Munno Para
16 March 2021 to 1 April 2021 (from Tuesdays to Thursdays)
8.00 am to 4.00 pm.
Brave Logistics Distribution Centre
17 Stebonheath Road
112 Coventry Road
This program has been subsidised by Drakes Supermarkets and Renewal SA’s Works Program.