Development Manager, Pipeline
We have an exciting and newly created career opportunity for a Development Manager, Pipeline to join our Major Projects and Pipeline team for up to a three year contract term.
Reporting to the Director, Pipeline, this strategic support role is primarily responsible for strategic planning, leading projects and market processes, and negotiating agreements across the Pipeline division to ensure that we are delivering on our Strategic Plan. Through pro-active and collaborative relationships with all relevant stakeholders, the Development Manager, Pipeline will lead projects across the Pipeline division to support the State Government’s Growth State agenda and ensure quality outcomes are achieved.
Who we are looking for
In the role of Development Manager, Pipeline, you will provide support and expert guidance, direction and management to the division to meet critical business targets. This will be accomplished through the management of projects and market processes and negotiation of agreements across the Pipeline division, in addition to strategic planning, commercial analysis and project planning. You will also provide a high level of consultancy and advice to key internal and external stakeholders on all relevant matters associated with Pipeline projects. Some of the key focus areas of this role will include:
- Project planning and strategy to ensure pipeline projects realise strategic objectives and Renewal SA’s Strategic Plan.
- Providing support with Government land strategy, reviews and opportunities.
- High level written documents including briefings and reports on the progress of pipeline opportunities, strategic objectives, budgets are developed and implemented for a range of stakeholders within required timeframes to meet business plan requirements.
- Assigned projects and key performance indicators are continuously evaluated against the business plan to meet objectives, and to ensure resources and risks are effectively managed.
- Contributes to the development and constant review of Pipeline strategy including property development, urban and infrastructure planning, and property disposal strategies.
- Contributes to business plans, strategies, programs and feasibilities to support Renewal SA’s strategic objectives.
- High level and complex negotiations with key stakeholders are led and conducted to ensure appropriate risk management and minimisation, facilitate the resolution of project issues and ensure favourable outcomes are achieved.
Your demonstrated ability to scope, develop, implement and evaluate projects that are complex and broad in scope will see you act as a credible advisor. You will demonstrate capability to develop and maintain productive working relationships with industry and stakeholders and will feel confident in the negotiation of commercial agreements. Proven experience in the strategic development and delivery of complex and high profile urban renewal projects will be highly regarded.
Renewal SA exists to improve the lives of South Australians now and into the future by leading, supporting and driving investment and growth through property and projects. Our desire is for South Australia to have a strong economy and be a great place to live; and we believe property and development projects are key contributors to ensuring this is a reality.
We are delivering some of the state’s largest urban development projects such as the transformation of the former Royal Adelaide Hospital site to Lot Fourteen, a global innovation precinct; Bowden, an inner-city former industrial site that is fast becoming a highly sought-after residential and entertainment precinct; the award-winning Tonsley Innovation District of a former car factory site; the revitalisation of Port Adelaide into a thriving maritime precinct; and the rejuvenation of the historic Adelaide Railway Station.
How to apply
Please submit your application to SEEK with the following attached:
- a cover letter (no more than two pages) outlining your experience relevant to the role
- a current résumé
Applications close at 9.00 am on Monday, 19 July 2021.
Please email any queries to RenewalSA.PeopleCulture@sa.gov.au in the first instance, or contact Renewal SA’s People and Culture team on 08 8207 1417.