As the government’s urban development agency, we are charged with leading and coordinating development and urban renewal activity to ensure South Australia’s future employment and housing needs are met through well-planned, affordable and vibrant urban developments.
Our Renewal SA Strategic Plan 2020-23 aligns our work to four strategic pillars and associated goals:
- People – Renewal SA is an inclusive and dynamic working environment that drives high levels of engagement, marketleading capability and results-driven performance.
- Partnerships – Renewal SA’s strong and collaborative partnerships unlock new opportunities and produces exceptional market-leading results for the State.
- Pipeline – We are constantly initiating and contributing to a strong pipeline of development opportunities that enable growth and attract additional investment for the State.
- Projects – Alongside our partners, Renewal SA leads the market to deliver economic, social and environmental benefits through excellence in project delivery.
The key functions of Renewal SA as outlined in the Urban Renewal Act 1995 are to:
- initiate, undertake, support and promote residential, commercial and industrial development in the public interest.
- acquire, assemble and use land and other assets in strategic locations for urban renewal.
- promote community understanding of, and support for, urban renewal by working with government agencies, local government, community groups and organisations involved in development.
- undertake preliminary works (including the remediation of land) to prepare land for development and other functions such as planning and coordination.
- encourage, facilitate and support public and private sector investment and participation in development of the State.
- acquire, hold, manage, lease and dispose of land, improvements in property.
Find further information about how these functions contribute to delivering an inspiring urban future for South Australia on our About Renewal SA page