COVID-19 response workshops
About the workshops
Has your employment been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic? Renewal SA’s Works Program will be offering FREE, one-day, interactive workshops aimed at helping people affected by the pandemic successfully navigate the job market.
Workshops will be located across metropolitan Adelaide and all participants will receive workshop materials to take away.
These workshops are subsidised by Renewal SA’s Works Program at no cost to participants and are available to people whose employment have been affected due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
What’s Working Well: Wellbeing and Resilience workshop
To get the most out of this workshop, participants will be asked to self-complete an online survey and bring their results to the workshop.
- The Growth Mindset and how to improve your adaptability
- Future-proofing your career planning
- Networking to unlock the hidden job market
- Writing cover letters, resumés and online job applications.
Resumé and Interview Skills for Employment workshop
This workshop will help you update your resumé, identify your transferable skills and prepare for interview. Changing careers and preparing for interviews following a job loss is never easy, so our workshop will prepare you to feel stress-free and organised when meeting your future employer.
- The purpose of a resumé and interview
- Formatting a professional resumé
- Sourcing and preparing your referees
- Identifying your transferable skills
- Recognising your ‘point of difference’ – what makes you special
- Preparing for and presenting yourself at interview
- Questions to ask the interview panel.
Introduction to Digital Literacy workshop
This workshop aims to help you troubleshoot your technological skills. With physical restrictions in place, and more businesses using technology to recruit and interview candidates, you need to be comfortable using computers and other digital tools to look for jobs and to promote yourself to employers.
- Setting up a ‘job seeking’ email account
- Navigating, saving and organising files
- Making the most of your smart phone/tablet
- Navigating the myGov website and linking to other employment services
- Creating and making the most of a SEEK account
- Using Zoom for interviews.