Works Bowden by the Bridge Employment Program
Who we are looking for
Civil Train SA is looking for motivated and committed people who are interested in careers in the civil industry. Applicants must be interested in working in all seasons outdoors plus have a reasonable level of fitness.
Participants will receive hands-on practical experience across two live work sites to assist in developing new skills to improve future job opportunities.
Program participants will be required to:
- hold a current drivers licence (minimum P2) – the program has provision for those unskilled in driving a manual transmission vehicle to access additional training
- pass a pre-employment medical and drug and alcohol test.
What you will achieve
Suitable program graduates will have the opportunity to participate in work experience and employment opportunities within Renewal SA-managed contracts.
Over five weeks, participants will be working in real civil industry activities to achieve:
- CPCCOHS1001A Work safely in the construction industry (White card)
- Nationally accredited units:
- RIISAM203D Use hand and power tools
- RIICCM207D Spread and compact materials manually
- RIICCM203D Read and interpret plans and job specifications
- RIICCM208D Carry out basic levelling
- RIIWHS204D Work safely at heights.
- Plus, the non-accredited modules of:
- Hazardous Manual Tasks
- Using UHF Radios
- Plant Safety
- Operate Light Vehicle
- Civil Ready.
Includes information regarding careers in the civil and construction industry, a project outline, online assessment and one-on-one interview.
10.00 am–1.00 pm Tuesday, 17 October 2017
Civil Train SA, 1 South Road, Thebarton
From 23 October–24 November 2017, for five weeks
Runs Monday to Friday, 8.00 am–4.00 pm
Training is held at:
- Civil Train SA, Thebarton
- Overseas Chinese Association, Findon.
Participant fee: $295
Participants are required to supply their own personal protective equipment (PPE).
Incidental expenses to the participant may include travel costs to and from location of the program and lunch.
jobactive may cover some, or all, of the above expenses for participants.
WorkReady Jobs First Employment Projects eligibility criteria apply.