Senior Communications Advisor
This is your opportunity to join us and help to tell the stories of some of South Australia’s largest urban development projects and the benefits for the South Australian community.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Communications Advisor to join our People and Place Management division. The role reports to the Manager, Communications and is primarily responsible for:
- developing and executing proactive media and communication strategies to support major announcements and promote project milestones, outcomes and community benefits
- recognising opportunities and coordinating newsworthy activities and compelling story angles through editorial and promotional content
- identifying internal and external opportunities for online content creation and sharing
- copywriting for various mediums including corporate communications and creative editorial and content pieces
- coordinating photography, design and production of communication collateral as well as videography and graphics for various websites and social channels.
Who we are looking for
At Renewal SA, we believe in creating the right environment for our people to thrive. This is because we want you to enjoy every day while you are with us. If values such as Respect, Excellence, Fun, Accountability and Unity appeal to you, then we could be the right organisation for you.
We are looking for someone who has:
- at least 5 years’ experience in communications, public relations, or marketing roles
- excellent communications skills and is good at developing and maintaining close working relationships
- exceptional writing skills including demonstrated competence in copywriting and editing for different mediums.
You will have experience in providing high-quality communications support and services in a diverse and complex work environment, and developing and implementing holistic communications plans. You will have an eye for identifying a great story and have a good understanding of the South Australian media and communications landscape.
Tertiary qualifications in Journalism, Public Relations, Communications, Marketing or a related field, or demonstrated equivalent capabilities and experience are desirable.
Renewal SA is dedicated to creating a better place for all South Australians by developing accessible, connected and vibrant places where people want to live, work, enjoy and invest.
We are delivering some of the state’s largest urban development projects such as the transformation of the former Royal Adelaide Hospital site to Lot Fourteen, a creation and innovation neighbourhood; Bowden, an inner-city former industrial site that is fast becoming a highly sought-after residential precinct; the award-winning Tonsley Innovation District on the former Mitsubishi factory site; the revitalisation of Port Adelaide into a thriving maritime precinct; and the rejuvenation of the historic Adelaide Railway Station.
How to apply
Applications no more than a two (2) page cover letter outlining your experience relevant to the role, a current résumé (must be in Word format) and the completed Employment Declaration Form should be submitted.
Applications close: 5.00pm, Friday 24 May 2019
For more information, please email RenewalSA.PeopleCulture@sa.gov.au.