Indicators of performance/effectiveness/efficiency
Vibrant City program
- Small Venue Licence Case Management Service
- City Makers program
- Hub Adelaide Spark Entrepreneurs initiative
- Market to Riverbank link project
- Assisted 53 new small to medium businesses starting up in the city through Hub Adelaide, City Makers Case Management and Renew Adelaide
- 16 City Makers applications funded to a total value of $123,000
- 10 entrepreneurs were supported through the Spark Program
Established in 2012, the program aims to create a city where people want to live, work, invest and spend time. The program is achieving this by improving and maximising opportunities for communities, businesses, entrepreneurs and investors.
- 57,000 people attended Winterfest at
Port Adelaide between 14 and 23 July 2017
- 5000 attendees at Playford Alive Fun Day in November 2017
- 40,000 visitors to the Urban Beach demonstration project at Pinky Flat in the Adelaide Riverbank between 1 December
2017 and 29 January 2018
- 20,000 people visited Lot Fourteen (the
former Royal Adelaide Hospital site)
through a curated activation program
between September 2017 and June
- 25,000 visitors to Tonsley Innovation
District through major partnership events
A people-centred approach to developing public and non-public spaces, placemaking and activation discovers the needs and aspirations of those who live, work and play in a particular place, and creates a common vision for it. Renewal SA builds on a community’s assets, their inspiration and participation, creating and shaping good spaces that promote people’s health, happiness and wellbeing.
- 158 paid employment outcomes
- 192 training places in programs
- 271 work experience placements
- 28 Renewal SA Contract paid employment placements
- $1.7 million in funding secured with partners
- 70 work experience placements through Renewal SA Contracts
Established in 2008, the Works Program extends the benefits of Renewal SA’s urban renewal activities by creating opportunities for local people, through training and work experience across varied industries including building and construction, horticulture, retail, childcare and health.
We demonstrated our intent to actively listen through various parts of the planning process, from concepts and early design to detailed master planning for a range of different projects
More than 1300 people were engaged face-to-face through community forums
such as drop-in sessions. A further 7500 people were engaged through letterbox drops and electronic direct mail.
Renewal SA engages with organisations and the community to place people at the centre of urban planning and design. We pride ourselves on making a genuine attempt to engage and bring people along the journey through collaboration and honesty.
The Government of South Australia's policy of 15% affordable housing in significant developments has been integrated into the state planning system.
As at 30 June 2018, affordable housing was included in 85% of greater Adelaide development plans.
263 affordable homes were delivered during the 2017-18. This includes home ownership, and social rental including community housing.
Affordable Housing Program
The Affordable Homes Program continues to support eligible buyers in South Australia into home ownership. Improvements have been undertaken including a refresh of the Affordable Homes Program website, and a simplification of the declaration of eligibility.
144 Affordable Homes Program sales of land, new homes or ex-SANT stock to low-to-moderate income